Yesterday was a blast, even in the depressing weather. When there is a lack of sun, I tend to lack a lot of my normal energy, which gives me a sense of sluggishness. However, it was really fun to say the least. Michelle picked me and Shannon up after getting Rosie, and we headed to town to the local thrift stores, in search for the perfect ugly grandma sweaters for our friend's party to-night. We started at Salvation Army, and even though they had some really cool stuff there, we had no luck in the granny department. So we headed to Angel View, another thrift store down the street. There, we found three sweaters with much potential. I found a red over-sized sweater, (which is a dress on me), with Christmas-colored diamonds around the collar. This is perfect, and just what I was looking for. I plan to add my own ugly to it, so we'll see how that turns out to-day. After our success in Angel View, we headed to Nessa's house, and picked her up. From there we went to Michelle's, to make ginger bread men. The recipe was called "The Perfect Men", and even though the name was cute, the recipe turned out very difficult, which is what men can be, so I hear. However, mine turned out pretty perfect;) Which means I can make perfect men, but it does not mean they exist. On the contrary, as we were fighting with the dough, so to speak, I thought how God molds us and shapes us into what He wants, but we don't always turn out perfect. Instead, we put up a fight, which turns out ugly. I also thought of how much I was practicing patience with that dough, because it was almost frustrating, especially because when it comes to cookies, I am somewhat of a perfectionist. When the boys were finally rolled, cut, and baked, we started decorating. We ended up having a realllly good, fun girl time. And Michelle's mom made us all tacos for taco night; delicious. After taco night, we sipped on some sparkling cider, super yummy(: I also just kept thanking God for the girls He's blessed me with in the past year, and I realized how important it is to have those kind of relationships. Here are some pictures of our night:
| hmm, Michelle's mom made the BEST hot cider.. |
| Our weapons of choice |
| perfect man, not-so-perfect recipe. But we fought through!! |
| We started off eating FA(: |
| The girls making the dough |
| Michelle's view is soo picture worthy. The fog looked amazing |
| Michelle mixing(: |
| Add caption |
| Kenny helped us mix the dough because it was so rough |
| Love them(: |
| Nessa'a a bird |
| Our jump attempt |
| Difficult dough(: |
| Me and Michelle |
| Shann and Michelle |
| Peelin off the men(: |
| Nessa's photography;) |
| Taco nightt was sooo goood |
| Kenny taught me how to play chess, however, I'm going to need more practice(: |
| Knight |
| Hmmm, they were so good!! |
| My men. The first one has abs, the second one was my art form, and the third was angrily-happy |
| Of course I ate abs man first |
| Shannon's Men |
| One of Michelle's |
Another very splendid night out with some people God's blessed me with. For now, my sisters are homoe so I'm going to hang out with them. To-night, the ugly sweater party. Until then, more to come,
-R
No homoe.
ReplyDeleteHOME**** I was too lazy to edit it.
ReplyDeleteThe snowman is mine as well. And yay for candid, very unattractive pics of me!
ReplyDeleteNo joke, that was a pretty good example to use cuz its so true... when the dough is bein stubborn we end up not being shaped the right way. God is simply molding us to be that perfect man or woman. But if were not cooperating and just letting Him take charge, we end up not turning out. But the cool thing is is that that won't stop Him from molding us. He'll take us and roll us up and do it again if He has to. Somewhat like the potter and the clay. If the clay has air bubbles, the potter will put us back in the fire and start again..:)
ReplyDeleteAh, I love how you understand Robin. However, I think you put it into better words than I. Thanks for the imput(:
ReplyDelete