Last Saturday I was invited to spend the evening at my friend Mary's house for her Christmas party. It was very fun and enjoyable, and I'm super glad I went. The night started off when we were dropped off at my friend Michelle's house, and from there we went to the party together. After being acquainted with the people of the party, we played the orange and chin game, which was as awkward as it was funny. After the we played the white elephant gift and shared tons of laughs. It was interesting hanging out with high-schoolers, since I haven't been around them the entire semester outside of church. All in all I had a really great time; a nice way to begin the week before surgery. On Monday I had a preop doctor's appointment, which consisted of a lot of waiting in the waiting room. And hour after we arrived for my appointment, we were seen by a surgeon and she explained to me some of the surgery procedures; what I need to do to prep such as shower twice with anti-bacterial soap and not eat or drink anything after 10 pm. After the appointment my mom and I drove up to Idywilld and wow, the view was incredible. Strawberry Creek was flooding and flowing with rushing waters, and everything was extremely green, due to the non-stop pouring rain. I stayed in Idyllwild from Monday to Wednesday, which is today, and it never stopped raining for a moment. No snow, no decrease, no sun, just rain. Tons of rain, everywhere. The short walk from our room to the kitchen caused us to be instantly soaking wet. Despite the rain, we had a great time. (Well, as far as great can go.) So blah blah blah, and we come to today, Wednesday, the day before surgery. I must tell you friends, I am not looking forward to tomorrow. The past couple of days I have had some interesting conversations with God, some good, some great. Overall, God is God, and He is good. No matter what. I have nothing to fear. And I found a pretty good verse to how I'm feeling; blunt and to the point, no matter what the circumstance is.
Matt 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
The passage gets lighter, though, so don't fear ;)
Matt 10:29-31 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
Oh, and when we came down the hill to Hemet today, it was amazing. I said wooow many times. The scenery was pure genius. It felt so right as we all stared out the windows and listened to mixed tapes. At one point, we were amazed to see a waterfall spewing and flowing from the side of the mountain, along with the creek, which had grew since Monday. Simply amazing, I was sad to leave Idywilld, as I always am. Possibly more this time, considering I will not be able to work for a while. Ah well, I'll come back someday, and this time I'll be stronger than I ever was.
More to come,
-R





No comments:
Post a Comment