Friday, December 17, 2010

Some Things Come Naturally

Last month Shannon went out on black Friday at midnight to buy us a sewing machine. The cool thing about being a twin is that we can split the cost of things 50/50. Plus, we have been wanting to get one for a while since mom's sewing machine is 30 or over years old, and difficult to operate. So Shannon braved the crowds and got us one. It's a brother, and our baby. We love it so far. However, today was the first time I put any use to it. I was always afraid to try sewing because I thought I would just murder anything I attempted to sew. On the contrary, I feel like my first time today was very successful(: My first project? An over sized thrift store flannel that I bought a while back. I bought  it for this reason. I loved the print, even though it was so huge!

First I started by cutting off around three inches from everywhere possible

the baby

not as bad as I thought it would be

Yikes, I accidentally sewed the sleeve to the side...

so this is try  number two, this time I did it correctly

finished product on my model

feisty

my cutie. I just wanted to take a picture of him for kicks


All in all, a very successful first project. I am very pleased with my new fannel, and will probably be wearing it a lot(: Now I'm off to friend's to make ginger bread men, then thrifting for christmas sweaters(: I will bring my camera, ciao

More to come,
-R

No comments:

Post a Comment