Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Omnipresent Saviour

To-day was a very relaxed and laid-back sort of day, and very needed. I believe that every once in a while a day of rest is surely crucial, allowing an opportunity to reboot the said system of the human body. So to-day was my rebooting day. It consisted of waking up at 12 noon, relaxing to a bowl of oatmeal with mixed berries, then browsing on the internet for a nice, healthy dinner recipe. Around three I had my "lunch", in which I indulged in whole-wheat soy pancakes with again, mixed berries. So. Good! For my topping, I drizzled organic agave nectar across the cakes. Writing about them now makes me crave them! After I had my pancakes, I decided to clean the kitchen for a feel-good environment to cook dinner in. I started with the dishes, moved to the counters, stove, and last the floor. This took me a while, but afterwards I started dinner. Dinner went very well, might I add. I decided on butternut squash soup along with an interesting pick of a salad I experimented on. Kaitlin, you would have been proud of this meal. Here are some photos I took: (however, be aware I was not able to saver the taste in these pics;)

thyme has an amazing aroma!

the bulk of the meal:

the end result of the soup

salad


The salad was a great counter balance to the meal, and sat well with the stomachs of those who engulfed it. I aimed high for a healthy salad, because more than often, what may appear to be a "healthy" salad, is really "healthy" in disguise. First, I sprinkled this salad with kosher salt, squeezed on some lime, cut up an orange to compliment it, and used my left over avocado and the rest of my tofu. This resulted in an intense and flavorful, greeny salad. To tie up this meal, I had made my famous sweet tea. This meal screamed energy, which is why I think it would be a better fit for lunch sometime, rather than dinner. However it was light and didn't make me feel like a balloon, yet still giving me the feeling of being full. Thank God for non-processed, delicious food!

Moving onto after-dinner activities, I caught up with some friends from high school I haven't seen in a while. We spent a couple hours talking about this and that, and one of my friend's mom invited me to their winter camp retreat. This is something which deemed my interest. I'm thinking I should go, and will probably do it. It sounds like another opportunity to invest in high schoolers I don't necessarily know, if at all. Even though I'm no longer in high school, I still look at this as a great opportunity, (especially because of some of my current views on certain aspects of life, which I won't get into because it would require a lot of explaining. When I say a lot of explaining, I mean it to the max.) So, I am looking at this as an opportunity. Just like the opportunity God has given to me in the past with another youth group. And just like God has given me the opportunity to host a bible study every Friday. For all of this, I am grateful. I titled this blog post "My Omnipresent Saviour", (which goes along with my somewhat sequel to this post from my other blog), because I think I may be moving on in some areas; moving onto new investments in new people; people in new places. However, God is everywhere all at once, so I know that wherever I go, He is. I am very excited about this new opportunity and will not relent in prayer about it. I will be posting more about this in later times.

More to come,
-R

No comments:

Post a Comment