To-day, my mind was filled with boredom due to the unfortunate circumstances of my fellow friendlies. Long story short, Atumn was stuck in the snow, Hannah went back to school, and Shannon was as sick as a dog. So this left me to play by myself all day. I indulged in a random set of activities, which included thus: my morning devotions, three cups of tea, (which were drunken sporadically throughout the day), countless games of losing miserably at solitaire with real, live cards, (not the computer), and two walks to the mail box, (which shall be expanded more later). Devotions were great this morning, and such a way to start the day. After that, I played nurse for my sister because I know how much I utterly despise being sick. So, after taking care of her, many games of losing solitaire, and eating a home-grown salad with homemade dressing, I decided I would go walk to the mail box, taking dog with me since he insisted on not leaving my side to-day. As dog and I walked down the street, we admired the amazing sunset, however I did not care to bring my camera, due to laziness, so I just took it in for myself. Arriving at said destination, I was disappointed to see there was no Netflix for me, and was too sad to notice I had three letters to me in the pile. Walking back solemnly, I noticed one of those three letters was an envelope I had been waiting for, for months. Ecstatic I walked home faster. However, on this particular envelope, there was also a message from my mail man rubber-banded to it. I found this humorous. Mr. Mail Man fined me $0.34. I don't necessarily know what happened, but my guess is that the envelope, which beheld the flash drive I had been waiting for, only had two stamps, perhaps it needed three? Contrariwise, the attached envelope told me to insert the amount due into it, then send it back in the mail box.
 |
| My $0.34 |
 |
| Signed by yours truly, Mr. Mail Man |
 |
| Humor. |
 |
| On the back of the envelope, they reminded me of this. However, what they didn't know was that I walked, not drove. |
Congratulations, Mr. Mail Man. You have suckered $0.34 from my pocket, and are now on your way to earning that
Caramel Macchiato w/ soy, with only $3.31 to go, which means you only need to collect from about nine more citizens. $0.34 seems like nothing to me, and I was almost too lazy to do it, but it sure does add up. None the less, keep doing your job Mr. mail Man. A random thought has occurred, not just to my mail man, but to everyone: fill up that piggy bank and save up, seeing as gas will be going up to $4 per gallon this year. Disgusting, but that's the world we live in to-day.
On a brighter note, the other two letters I received were Get Well cards from my relatives in the East. Much appreciated to get these on a gloomy and boring day such as to-day.
 |
| Though I didn't sleep in until noon, I have gotten 10-12 hours of sleep per night since surgery(: |
 |
| A picture, which came with the letter, that my second youngest cousin colored. This made me smile(: |
This blog has been filled with silliness and such, but I felt the urge to write...something...anything...school's been out for two weeks now, give me a break(:
More to come, soon,
-R
No comments:
Post a Comment