Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend 2010

So, this weekend was Thanksgiving, and boy was I ever thankful for the four day weekend I received. Let's just say I'm getting very worn out from school and I'm already ready for this semester to be over with. However, I am very grateful for school, and the opportunities and blessings I've received this year. I feel as far as the definition of the holiday "Thanksgiving" goes, I fit the criteria to celebrate it everyday, minus the quality family time. Celebrating this holiday requires the over indulgence of food and thankfulness for everything God's given me. I can tell you, I am far more grateful for lasting things rather than the fleeting aspects of life. Some things I am most grateful for are my Savior, Jesus Christ; the way God always finds a way; the way He provides; my family, discernment, and love. All in that order. I won't allow one day a year to be a barrier for me to cease thanks for all God has done for me, and all He continues to do.

For this year's Thanksgiving meal I decided to make an apple crisp; something I have not made before. It's a mixture of apples, raspberries, lemon zest, and sugar..hmmm(:
Apple crisp turned out suuuper delicious!!

Yum, yum, yum(:

The table in the process of being set:

...and the turkey, of course:

The next day Kaitlin's fiance and his family joined us for dinner and good quality pre-family time. And no meal is complete without dessert: 
 Carrot cake...hmmm!!(:
With cream cheese frosting:

Aww so cute:
...not so cuute haha:

creeper close up. Pho Cre: shannon:

cutesies:

angelica:

"thinker"

she's pretty:

dancing while mark played a song he wrote:

princess maiden and her knight:



Many laughs were shared, along with interesting conversations which were more than amusing. This weekend gave me another "I'm thankful" to add to my list. Thank you Jesus for all you do!!


More to come,
-R




No comments:

Post a Comment