Monday, November 22, 2010

Garage Projects Day Uno: Dresser

Today I decided to get off facebook, and the couch, and to indulge myself in the vision I have been day dreaming about recently. Since I find my dresser utterly boring, I am taking the challenge of giving it a make over. I found this great therapy since I've been very down lately because I am not able to lift weights. My mom was very upset with me because I did not sand the dresser first. My justification was simply because it had taken me so long to find the white paint, which by the way was in a very irrational spot, that I decided enough was enough and I just started painting away. She did not think it would dry, but of course it dried, and pretty fast, too. I am very happy with the way it is turning out so far. I might make it vintage, or just leave it plain white, depending on how it turns out. Sadly Shannon did not care at all to help me, so I spent a lonely evening in the garage painting by myself. Here are some photos I took today:

Here we have the "before":
Side angle, obviously:
First coat, this is when my mom got upset:

Angle of the first coat:

Me slapping on the second coat:
(And no, it is not a poor photo of me. I have not been feeling well recently and to-night my cold started kicking in. Disregard my unfortunate appearance.)

Not only did I apply two coats so far, but I have a top coat that sprays on which will be used at the end to make it mega white. This concludes day one of my garage projects(:

4 comments:

  1. HA! I love it!!!! it looks really good from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You'll have to see my room once Im finished with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I restained two bookcases when I was your age. Sister brain wave...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staining it is old school. That's why I painted mine instead, to mix it up; livin la vida loca.

    ReplyDelete