Last month was full of adventure along with many hours spent in class. Since none of my five classes are shorter than 3 hours, I spend a lot of time at school and in the library studying. This is my life five days per week, and I have to admit, I sort of love it, a lot. I also admit it, I would rather spend my hours at school learning, than at home, where cleaning and cooking awaits, (promised every time I'm home.) When I'm not studying, I tend to do the usual, hang out with some of my buddies or make new ones. Either is fine by me because I do enjoy a random conversation. However, most of this school babel is irrelevant to the reason of this post..
 |
| Did I tell you about the stuffed bell peppers? |
Let's just go through some of the photos I took last month, shall we:
 |
| ...well they were insanely good. |
Shannon and I decided to make dinner for our Chinese friend we hosted, Kitty. The stuffed peppers were a hit for all.
 |
| The same week of the peppers, we decided to hike to Suicide. Due to the melting snow, I assume, there were water falls throughout our travels. |
 |
| The God-painted view. |
 |
| There was about 30 feet of ice we trekked through, with Suicide just around the corner. |
 |
| another amazing view on top of old Suicide. |
 |
| by the time we got to the top, it was already four, and starting to get cold. Shannon modeling the chilliness. |
 |
| brrr. |
 |
| not quite ready. |
 |
| forced smile due to exhaustion. |
 |
| this photo depicts a better way of how I was feeling: exhausted, cold, and hungry. |
 |
| but it was soo worth it... |
Suicide was very successful. We went with two other girls, and had a good time. Just being able to make it up there felt like a big accomplishment. The same week the family and I took a trip down to Newport. Unfortunately, we didn't get there until about 40 minutes to sunset. I wasn't too bummed, even though I wanted to surf, because the sunset was beautiful.
 |
| before the sunset, with a pink haze. |
 |
| I just sat there, meditating and snapping shots of the different scenes of the sunset. |
 |
| getting more intense. |
 |
| past the jetty is Catalina Island, where the sun rests upon. |
 |
| I really appreciate the way this window shot came out because of the way the objects are blurred. |
 |
| another car shot. |
After that....we fast forward two days, to the departure of our dear friends from China. Shannon and I helped out our parents by making lunch for them all. What was on the menu? Our Asian stir fry.
 |
| we weren't prepared to make them lunch, so we stared chopping up any vegetables we thought would work. Hence, the squash above. |
 |
| ...spinach. |
 |
| onion and garlic. |
 |
| for the past couple of months, we have been getting lemons from a few of our friends who grow lemon trees. Because we have an abundance, I made lemonade to go with the meal. |
 |
| once the kids arrived at our house, they freaked. They were so impressed with what we had made. It was a great experience. Above, they insisted on helping, so we handed them some spoons to mix up the stir fry. |
 |
| the chaperon, equally impressed. |
 |
| this is what we stared with....we made one more stir fry with the same amount; it disappeared within minutes. |
 |
| The kids loved all of it. They said it was how they eat it "just like at home." this was one thing Shannon and I would cherish in our memories. |
Skipping over to the next week, and we find it to be dad's birthday. Shannon and I have been so overwhelmed and tired at this point from all the work and lack of sleep we've had, we weren't sure what to make. But I hear my dad likes my bean cake, so we made just that.
 |
this mess was devoured between the four of us; didn't last more than 12 hours.
|
This wraps it up for the lost month of January. Hope you enjoyed, I'm off to watch the new Netflix with Shannon. Nightmare on Elm Street to-night.
More to come,
-R
No comments:
Post a Comment