Saturday, June 12, 2010

"After you die nothing you ever owned matters, and everything you ever did does."

I knew this was going to happen. I knew it, I knew it. I knew I was going have consistency in my posting and then bam, you don't hear from me for almost two weeks. But alas, I am here and I am well. These past days that I have not posted have been well lived. So far I have rekindled old friendships, worked at camp, graduated, started reading Jeremiah, rediscovered the world of documentaries, stayed in San Diego, and learned some new songs. I have to admit, everything that I have done has been time well spent.
So what did I do today?
I watched a movie called The Good Life, and in my opinion, it was great. I'm not one for movies, but this past week has been jam-packed with tiring activities, and I just got home last night and decided that after I worked out today that I would devote the rest of the day to relaxing. This included reading an excerpt from Romans 8, watching the movie, cleaning the kitchen, and making dinner.
The movie that I watched was interesting and filled with emotion. It kept me going because it filled me with almost every emotion. At some points I wanted to laugh, then cry; then it made me happy, then back to sad; another point made me want to get up and punch the bully in the face, (though, that would only result to further conflict within the realm of the main characters.) I would have to sum it all up by saying the movie could go either way, depending on how you look at it. Some thought it was sad and depressing, while others found the uplifting aspect of it. One thing I do love about these types of films would have to be the endings. They are more than less uplifting for they bring a positive outcome to every event that took place. I love how they incorporate meanings that can be applied to everyday life. That's just how I look at it.


-R

No comments:

Post a Comment